Monday, February 5, 2018

"Wine. Since 6,000 B.C."

I was hired to join the startup I was at before the GSB because I won a pun contest.  To say that I love catchy marketing, clever copy, and creative imagery is an understatement.  Like many in the class, I found Terry's presentation very compelling.  In many ways, she has my dream job!

I started thinking about catchy wine marketing, and thought immediately of the Michelob Ultra beer ad that I had recently seen.  While it's, well, the opposite of a promotion for drinking wine, I started to wonder if wine marketers had taken similar jabs at beer drinkers too.


My search came up with fewer popular ads, and the ones that did jump out were ones that took a less obvious jab at beer. A particularly interesting approach was in highlighting wine as an age-old choice. The tagline?  "Wine. Since 6,000 B.C." I'd love to hear Terry's take on this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment