Wednesday, March 14, 2018

My Favorite Vices

Two of my favorite vices are ice cream and alcohol. So I thought, how can I combine them? A quick search brings up Mercer's Dairy:
https://vinepair.com/booze-news/wine-ice-cream-is-real/
They are based in New York and have made 10 wine infused ice creams with about ~5% alcohol content. Vinepair did a nice write-up on them:
https://vinepair.com/booze-news/wine-ice-cream-is-real/
They have tempting flavors such as Strawberry Sparkling and Chocolate Cabernet. Next time I'm in New York, I can't wait to try it. We may not be able to have weed in your wine, thanks big wine!, but you can have ice cream!

2 comments:

  1. My long-time ice cream is haagen-dazs rum raisin flavor. It is deliciously run-infused. If you are interested in alcohal infused ice cream, you should give it a try! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nathan - love this! I used to work with a Columbus-based company called Jeni's Splendid Ice Creams, and they are launching a "frose sorbet" this year. They also have a flavor called "Riesling and Poached Pear." Definitely worth checking out next time you're in the mood for some ice cream!

    ReplyDelete