Sunday, January 14, 2018

Catching Up

I was a devout Mormon until I was 19. In the Mormon religion you don’t drink alcohol so other than my friends who would get their older siblings to buy them PBR, I wasn’t exposed to types of alcohol. Not having seen much responsible drinking, even after I left Mormonism I still had a negative connotation associated with alcohol. I took my first drink when I was 21. It was a red wine at a decent steak place. I did not like it. A couple months later I took my second drink, a champagne toast at the sell dinner for my summer internship. Mistakenly I downed the whole champagne flute in one gulp on the first toast and was left waiving around an empty glass for the rest of the toasts. The champagne was actually pretty good. Flash forward a couple of years and now I occasionally drink and enjoy it. At Stanford I’ve started to like the taste of wine and want to learn more about it. I’ve never studied this type of product in depth before, so it will also be interesting to learn about how the market functions. 

No comments:

Post a Comment