Sunday, February 18, 2018

First Visit to Sonoma


Yesterday, I went to my first winery in Sonoma with a few friends from my class. We went to Scribe Winery for an afternoon picnic - it was so lovely. According to my friends, it is more of a "hip" younger crowd which I found to be true. It was a beautiful day (70 degrees and not a cloud in the sky) when we arrived at the winery. I have not visited other wineries in the area so I don’t have anything to compare it to, but I got the sense that the experience was very relaxed / casual. We bought a bottle of rosé and a picnic basket full cheese, bread, cured meats, and fruit. The wine was light, crisp, and extremely drinkable. We grabbed a picnic blanket and a nice spot on the hill with our wine in hand. The winery was busy with a lot of people and their dogs drinking wine and enjoying the sunny weather.

It was nice to be able to have a glass or two of wine in a casual setting without a formal tasting as I was not looking for that sort of experience yesterday. One of the friends I was with is a member of the winery and I asked her about the availability of the wine for purchase in SF. She mentioned one small boutique wine shop where you can purchase it but it sounded more difficult to find. I was curious to understand Scribe’s distribution channel strategy and my friend’s response echoed what we had discussed in class over the quarter with regards to the difficulty of getting wines into hands of consumers that might not be winery members / visit Sonoma, etc. I enjoyed the visit to Scribe very much and would recommend for those looking for a casual afternoon of wine!

No comments:

Post a Comment