Saturday, January 13, 2018

Becoming a More Informed Consumer

There are few times in life when I feel less able to make an informed decision than when I am found staring at a wall of wine in a store or a long wine list in a restaurant. The only wines on the list I recognize are those I've heard my parents order on special occasions (delicious, not cost effective), and the wines on the wall I recognize have to be on a wall at Trader Joes.

I would love to be able to understand more about how and why the wines that are being sold got there and also pick new wines that I have not necessarily tasted before but match my tasting profile.

Finally, it would be great to learn how to taste wine properly, so I don't feel like I'm swirling my glass around for no reason when I'm poured a glass at a dinner party.

No comments:

Post a Comment