Saturday, January 13, 2018

Moving up the cost-quality frontier

I have to admit I jumped at the opportunity to take this class primarily because of the weekly wine tastings. My number one goal is to learn how to taste wine and to learn about different types of wine. My current criteria for buying wine is price (<$10 preferred) and attractiveness of the label, so I want to become a more informed consumer. If I'm spending $20+ on a bottle I better like it!

But to truly become a more informed consumer, I do believe I need to learn about the whole value chain. So I'm excited about the comprehensive nature of this course. It'll be cool to pull in all the discrete management foundations course learnings and apply them to one industry.

Lastly, because I grew up in in the Bay Area, I've been brainwashed by my parents who said that California wine is the only type of wine worth buying. I'd like to learn more about how and why California became such a huge player and what regions are next.



No comments:

Post a Comment