Friday, March 23, 2018

Too good to be true...?

Targeted marketing had gotten a little out of control these days (but that's another discussion entirely)...

the point is, I saw this advertisement pop up on my Facebook feed the other day:



"This wine doesn't cause headaches or hangovers."

As a non-undergraduate, pretending-that-I-can-bounce-back-from-anything-"adult', the concept of "hangover-free" anything seems mysterious and too good to be true. So, I decided to look into it and see what this miracle beverage consisted of.

"Dry Farm Wines has done the impossible and now people can enjoy their wine and stay in ketosis."
 "The perfect paleo wine, I’m a believer."

 While I've been really excited by the recent development of new, direct to consumer, online wines, this seemed like a parody. Paleo wine? I don't remember learning in our early history textbooks about how cavemen made wine as an accompaniment for dinner. Plus, throwing around the phrases: hangover-free, paleo, and ketosis seems like the worst example of trend-marketing jargon.

Regardless of my bias, I'm curious whether this is all marketing-speech (my suspicion), or truly a tasty, alternative wine-drinking option for the health-conscious.

Let me know in the comments if you've tried this brand! Would love to learn more. 


No comments:

Post a Comment